Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, doodlebug!

Tomorrow my girl turns 4. Lately, I look at her with complete amazement. She's a bonafide little girl. No chubby baby parts to her at all, she's all lanky limbs and a big 'ol head of hair. She includes phrases such as "that freaks me out" or "I just can't take it" into her daily speech. She does, however, call an umbrella a "hambrella." It tickles me and so I haven't corrected her just yet.

I remember the day I got "the call." It was a Monday afternoon and I had just arrived at work. I remember spending the next couple of weeks completely freaked out at how insanely tiny she was. At 5 months old she was only 8 pounds - not even close to making it onto the WHO growth chart. When we met L she was 8 months old and a whopping 12 pounds. Still so tiny, but already full of the personality for which she is now notorious.

My darling L is bright, hilarious, scary smart, energetic, dramatic, and incredibly loving (she just turned to me and said, "Mommy, I am so very glad you are home from the store. I missed you so much." Oy).







Happy Birthday, Doodlebug. The day I met you was one of the best days of my life. I love you so much there are simply no words.


2 comments:

  1. she's lovely. That pic of her and E is DARLING. Melkam Lidet little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday L! Your 'pink' friend wants to get together for a play date soon! Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete