Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Fourth in Pictures (and just a few words...)

We had a glorious Fourth of July weekend at Chez Mimi & Papa. Here are some of my favorite photos from the weekend:

Don't you love the Port-a-Pottys in the background. I do.


Such a serious (but handsome) face!

Water gun = happy boy.

Seersucker pants made by yours truly. He hated them, but I forced him to wear them for just one afternoon.
 
The three cousins
L learned how to throw a ball, thanks to Uncle Scott! I love that she's wearing my Dad's old mitt from when he was a kid. You can even see where my Grandma wrote his name.

Even more amazing, she learned to catch! For those who know me best, we all knew she wasn't going to learn that particular skill from me.



E spent the vast majority of the weekend in the hammock. Seriously, the boy luuurves to swing. Sadly, every time I tried to take a picture, he'd start whining for me to continue pushing.
Doesn't he look like he just heard a dirty joke? And yes, I will be modifying the pants pattern, as they are clearly not roomy enough for a full diaper.

L and worms.

D and worms.
 
Worms.

Beautiful girl. Those cornrows took a good while but boy were they worth it. They lasted at least two weeks and only required some minor touch-ups. Why mess with hair when there is fishing to be done!

D is the best cousin ever. L follows him around like a puppy dog and he is amazingly kind and patient with his little cousin.



My favorite of my Dad's t-shirts: "The trout, the whole trout, and nothing but the trout."

Thank you, Mimi & Papa, for a wonderful and unforgettable Fourth of July weekend!

1 comment: