Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blogging for the technophobe

*Update: Ugh, celebrated too soon. Anyone know why the pictures look so wonky?

I am sitting here utterly amazed that this worked! Much of the reason for my blogging absence has been due to complete and total laziness. I cannot stand the multi-step process I am required to complete in order to publish a post with photos. Connecting camera to laptop, downloading photos to laptop, editing photos, and then finally uploading them to Blogger which takes FOR-FREAKIN-EVER on my tiny and slightly crappy computer. Sad, but true. I don't post because I am way too impatient to go through all of that sh*t which generally eats up an entire naptime and hey, I could have been doing many many many other things than sitting on the couch trying to mentally will my computer to upload pictures faster. Also, for those of you that know me and my family, you are aware that me in close proximity to a slowly moving piece of electronic device is a recipe for having said electronic device thrown.

So yay for figuring out the Blogger App on my phone!!! Here is my trial run: some pictures of the summer fun we've been having during this weirdly hot spring.

Happy Boy after getting some Rita's Italian Ice!
My girl, frolicking in the sprinkler. Bathing suit courtesy of Mimi.

We took L to a Clippers game a few weeks ago and it was so hot I bought her this adorable hat. So sporty! I'm always jealous of girls who look cute in baseball hats because I DO NOT EVER look good in baseball hats.
This was just so crazy. Look at how tiny my babies are compared to the bears. I knew polar bears were big but sheesh.
My girl is pretty darn picky, but watermelon is one thing she will eat without complaint. And being the thrifty gal that she is, she doesn't waste one drop of juice!
This is the gesture E uses every time he gets near the sprinkler. I think it looks like he's appealing to it for mercy. Not gonna happen, kid.
A use for our water table that I did not see coming. I finally gave up trying to tell them how gross it was and now just try and keep the water as clean & fresh as possible.
And, done! I can't believe that entire post, pictures and all only took 30 minutes. I might actually be able to get some recreational reading in this naptime. Blogger App on my phone, so far so good!

4 comments:

  1. Not sure about the pictures but I am totally with you on the water table. Lost cause to point out the bugs and micro-organisms

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry that the pics are wonky, I have no idea why but i think the post is great! My daughter just asked "are those kids drinking from the water table? Ew!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, so gross. I can usually keep L from doing it, but E is a totAl lost cause. He just waits until I turn my back and starts slurping. Thank goodness he seems to have a very robust immune system!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Right? I used the blogger app on my android phone and the pictures had the same weird pattern over them. Really disappointing. Here's how I handle uploading pictures for blogger now: I send the pictures to my email address, and then I have them on my computer conveniently when I'm ready to blog. No plugging cameras in. Still, I wish they'd fix the blogger app.

    Anyway, pictures of your 2 kids could never be wonky. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete