Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Two weeks and two days...


We leave for Ethiopia in 16 days!! In the immortal words of Chevy Chase: "Halleluiah, Holy shit!" Sorry, I don't swear much on this blog...but I feel like this deserves an expletive.

I'm currently watching the Betty White SNL performance on demand. I have to agree with my friend Alta, the Lawrence Welk skits are freakin' hilarious...love the character with the tiny hands and gigantic forehead. Can someone say halloween costume??

Of course, with so much about to happen, I decided to take up a new hobby! My darling husband caught my subtle (like a shotgun) hints for a sewing machine. My friend Jen (check out her blog here) took me to this amazing fabric shop in Clintonville, Sew to Speak. LOVED IT. Such adorable fabrics. This past Sunday I used my machine for the first time. Oh, the rush! I tried my hand at the Oliver & S popover sundress. Although it is riddled with errors, the fact that it actually resembles a dress makes me the happiest girl in all the land! Behold:




Cute, right? I think next time, I'll use the 3T size. In commercial stuff Lila is somewhere between a 3T and 4T. But this seems a bit too wide.

I also found some cute stuff for Lila's room at Target. With all that is about to change for my little girl, I don't want her to feel like her room has been looted for Elijah's new room (which it kinda has). Her room now boasts adorable shelf/bin things (color coordinated with her bedding, love it!).

 

And so does Lila, it seems.

Finally, some updated photos of Elijah's room. While visiting with Alta & Drake (amazing parents to the most adorable little man, Rowan) I was able to finally purchase the wall decals I've been coveting.


We also purchased the crib music thing you see in the picture. We had the same one with Lila and LOVED it. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore, so we had to hit up Ebay. It has music, lights, BUBBLES, and comes with a lovely remote. Now, that may sound silly. But there is something to be said about the ability to sneak open your wee one's door, remotely turn on the soothing music, and sneak back out without your little angel being any the wiser.

Alrighty. Off to eat a Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie topped with Breyers vanilla topped with black cherry topping. Yum yum yummy.


3 comments:

  1. Holy crap. You're leaving so soon! I am emailing you and sending you something in the mail ASAP.

    And seriously, if you have any wisdom or inclination to share your packing strategies, you have one reader who is desperate.

    We are still waiting to hear what our travel date is and I going nuts. So happy you are going so soon!

    BTW- in my nesting I have been taking on crafty projects as well. It's silly, but I have to fill the void somehow! Your dress is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali - It ALL looks amazing!! My co-worker was telling me about the crib music thing and how awesome it is. I wonder why they don't sell them anymore?! I am super impressed with your dress. I can't believe that was your first try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete