Saturday, May 1, 2010

Posting the proverbial string around the finger...

I am known amongst my oldest friends as having the WORST memory. Seriously, very large chunks of high school seem to just be gone. My friend Mal will talk about some event and I often have a questioning and/or blank look on my face. Very distubing. So, here are things I never ever want to forget about my darling little girl:

1. She calls hamsters "ham-monsters"
2. We went bathing suit shopping a few days ago, and I realized she was calling them "building suits"
3. When she first started walking, she would toddle around with both hands high in the air for balance. Always looked like she was surrendering.
4. She used to call our dog, Molly, "Mossy"
5. I used to bottle-feed her to sleep in my arms each night. I miss that.
6. When she was a baby, she'd blow raspberries when upset
7. She used to have this machine-gun laugh...it was so cute. And loud.
8. The desire to play with a cable chord was what finally spurred her to crawl.
9. She used to dance like her Uncle John...lots of squatting.
10. In the middle of Baby Ben's birthday party, Lila decided it was the perfect time to show everyone that she could sommersault...on hardwood floors, no less.

2 comments: