Thursday, August 12, 2010

Adventures in sewing

I've finally taken some pics of the dresses I've recently made for Lila. Alas, Lila is not the most cooperative of models. I managed only to capture her in one dress before I decided that what had started out as a lovely day was quickly deteriorating with each click of the camera.


I'm sorry, but isn't she just gorgeous?? And then she insisted on wearing the Indians cap...


Here is where things started going downhill. Can you tell?
                                               
Close-up of the Oliver & S dress. Love love love the fabric!

Notice the contrasting hem!

This was actually made a while ago, but is the same pattern as above. Who knew there was a oh-so-girlie safari print out there!

Adorable contrasting hem. I'm thinking I might have that on the outside next time.

This is the "All-Ages Classic Jumper" from the One Yard Wonders book. After a little online research, I was relieved to find out that I wasn't the only one completely baffled by the directions for the back of the dress. After a ridiculous amount of mistakes (thankfully, my cheapness meant I subbornly kept at it as I had no intention of wasting this adorable fabric from Sew to Speak) it all finally came together. I definitely want to make this in some fall/winter fabrics (corduroy, for sure), but need to think on how to figure out the back & straps part of the pattern.

I was going to post some more pictures and talk about our week, but I've literally been working on thist post on-and-off for about 5 hours now. I'm going to celebrate the fact that I actually finished a post (with pictures!) and stop while I'm ahead. Hmmm, I just noticed that Lila is watching TV in a tank top and nothing else. Probably should get on that...

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous model--gorgeous dresses!

    You know, a Oliver & S dress donated to the Dead of Winter Gala (preferably in like, a 4t) would make a lot of money for the children of Ethiopia. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, can you tell me where you got the patterns? we are thinking about doing a sewing party for EOR and making dresses. Also, those fabrics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete