Sunday, February 14, 2010

Open the door get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

For those of you who know my little darling, you know that she loves her some dinosaurs. Especially roaring:


Can you hear that? Trust me, it's loud. I think my parents would call it divine justice. According to them (I still have my doubts), as an infant & toddler, my screaming displeasure could be heard down the block "even through the storm windows." That's a direct quote from my Dad.

And on to our Valentine's Day. I tried my hand at craftiness and made a cute little heart garland (thanks to a TON of hearts given to me by my Mom).

















It was a tricky day for me...I was seriously grumpy and couldn't seem to shake it all day. My little Lila seemed to sense something was up and kept giving me kisses all day long. It was lovely. "Mommy, I give you kisses on your elbow! On your cheek! On your knee!" We also celebrated Valentine's Day with a trip to Target: got some freakin' adorable overalls...for Lila, of course, and treated myself to a wee box of chocolates. What I found funny was that the Valentine's section looked, as my brother described, "like a war zone." Lots of scared & desperate looking husbands & boyfriends milling about.

I'm completely caught up in the olympics now. Or as Lila says, the "ho-lympics." I'm not much of a crier, but darn it if the commentaries don't squeeze some tears out of me each time! Even the opening ceremonies. Not cool, NBC.



Stay cool. Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Love Day, gal!

    I'm glad your little Valentine is such a fun companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine what the Olympics are like for a crier like me. Lots of tears have been shed already!! It started with the Ethiopian athlete at the Opening Ceremonies and hasn't stopped. :) The heart garland looks super cute but I am not sure there are many things cuter in this world than Lila in pink sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to go to youtube and look up walk the dinosaur. Thanks! Now the song will be stuck in my head for the next 3 days. Love your adorable little dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Amy!...You haven't heard of the Dinosaur! Ugh...I'm OLD.

    ReplyDelete