Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hairstyles, Cuteness, too much!

Ok, I've waited waaaay too long to post and now there is much to write about. First, the continued saga of Lila's hair. Last week I went with box braids & beads. I did a flat twist from ear to ear to secure her hairline. The box braids for the rest. I didn't secure the base of the braids with rubber bands...I wanted it to be as gentle as possible. And the pictures:


The style lasted a week! I re-touched the flat twist midway through and had to constantly replace the beads, but that was small potatoes compared to creating the style (which took over 2 hours...thank goodness for Disney movies). Now, if anyone out there knows of small rubber bands that won't break within 24 hours, let me know.

And onto cuteness:


We hit Joann Fabrics for some crafting supples and I came out of there with A WHOLE VERY LOT of foam crafting supplies. Including this crown. Lila loved it and was running around me in circles when I took these pictues. Sadly, while the crown is cute, durable it is not. I believe it lasted a whole day before Lila ripped it and held it up to me asking, "Mommy! What happened?"

We spent the past weekend with my parents:


I love this picture. Love it. Alas, my poor little doodlebug came down with a fever (and couldn't even keep down juice) on Saturday morning. She spent the whole day in her jammies, watching movies with her Mimi & Papa. And was super-extra-cuddly with her Mommy. Kevin and I let her sleep in our bed that night and she spent the better part of the night with her forehead pressed against mine, her hot little hands around my neck and on my face.

I did a twist-out with her hair earlier in the week and it went fairly well (sorry, forgot to take pictures). I liked that there wasn't nearly enough shrinkage so her curls had much more volume and length.

I co-washed her hair last night and put it in a few chunky braids for bedtime. Today, I decided to keep the style simple:



I do love piggy tails. And here are some adorable hair accessories I found at the mall today. Aren't they cute?


And finally, I found a pair of Lila's sandals from summer '08. Check them out next to her current shoes:


It just blows my mind how much my baby has grown. It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I truly fretted that she was so tiny. Now I have a little girl who, after watching some of "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs," crawled around my kitchen ROARING so loudly that she scared the dog.



4 comments:

  1. Lurve that girl! You're going to need a separate hair blog soon--you are AMAZING!

    I hope we'll play next week--it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful. I love all the hair styles you are trying on her. That girl has a great head of hair. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the shoe difference is making ME sad. That is crazy! Lila, as always, is adorable. Seriously, if we end up with a girl I am going to be knocking on your door for hair advice more than you care to imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute. I love the little barettes and ties :)
    Also love her little green kitchen set

    ReplyDelete