Thursday, February 25, 2010

Referral!!!!

On Monday, February 22, we received a referral for a beautiful baby boy from Ethiopia. It was the day after my birthday, and I got "the call" just as I was hunkering down to tackle a GIGANTIC mountain of laundry (which totally didn't get done).

I recognized the area code right away, but it was still a complete and total shock. I was really not expecting this for at least another 2 months or so. I answered the phone and couldn't seem to get rid of this nervous giggle. Our agency coordinator told me that she was looking at pictures of our son and I pretty much burst into tears. I then proceeded to babble about how it was the day after my birthday and that my birthday proper had been kinda shitty and this TOTALLY MADE UP FOR IT. Lordy, I couldn't shut myself up for a bit.

As luck would have it, Kevin is actually in town (back from Singapore just this past Thursday) so I as able to get ahold of him right away. Then we both made phone calls to our parents & siblings...they all immediately fell in love with this gorgeous boy.

I can't post pictures, but I'll do my best to describe: he's almost 6 months old, 16 whopping pounds, and has Lila's eyes! It's uncanny...they are from the same region (Oromia) and when you compare with Lila's referral pictures you can see such similarities, especially around the eyes.

Lila now points at his picture and says, "There is baby Elijah! He's sooooooo cute!" Indeed.  

3 comments: