Sunday, October 11, 2009

Peacocks and Zebus and Emus...oh my!

This weekend Autumn really began for our family. We headed up to Willard for a lovely weekend with Mimi and Papa. The leaves are reaching their peak right now, so even the rather boring stretch of I-71 was ablaze with fall colors.

On Saturday, we had a wonderful time at Iron Springs Farm - some good 'ol pumpkin picking was enjoyed by all. They also had a rather motley collection of exotic animals, so Lila was practically vibrating with excitement. The family that owns the farm was gracious and patient with my little one, even bringing out a baby bunny for her to pet. Those who know me well will be impressed at my close proximity to several animals of the feathered variety. Seriously, those emus are HUGE, and just stare at you. And make this weird clicking noise in their throats. Perhaps the clicking is their ability to smell and process my fear. Yep. I think that's it. So, enjoy some pics from our fabulous weekend!


Barn cat...very Halloween, no?



Mimi & Lila walking to Daddy & Papa



Iron Spring Farm


Lila with the ghosts & goblins



Lila in the pumpkin patch, and then in the wagon with her loot! The small pumpking she is holding (oh so proudly) was totally rotten, so we had to pull a switch-a-roo before leaving.


I bravely sucked it up for the perfect shot. Reminds me of the evil creatues in the movie, "The Dark Crystal."



Papa with a gen-u-ine Emu egg!



Our wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch. This was all Mimi's idea, so thank you, Mimi, for a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment