Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Take my license and all that jive...

Ok, so the title of my post has nothing to do with anything really, other than I was lucky enough to be driving around town while our local classic rock station was playing my FAVORITE Sammy Hagar hit. The lyrics are hilarious, my memory of the video is even funnier, and the funniest of all? Recalling Em, while driving a shift during our road trip to Florida sophomore year in college, yelling in frustration..."I can't drive 55!" Classic.

Thanks to a visit from Miss Alta I have taken up knitting again! Finally, something to do during Lila's nap that is not housework or sleeping (both make me feel crappy for different reasons). I'm dedicated to actually learning how to knit this time. I've already progressed to patterns, something that had completely baffled me in the past. It's a crazy code that you just have to memorize and learn. And thanks to youtube, this might work! I've almost finished my first scarf, and will soon start on some baby blankets for some expectant friends out there. What still kind of intimidates me is knitting in the round, but I plan on watching every video youtube has to offer. I WILL knit in the round, dammit!

My darling husband finally met his beautiful new neice last weekend:



He is clearly the smitten one.

In other news, Lila started her "Hands On Toddler Fun" class. She's not really been that much into crafts at home, so I was curious to see how she'd take to this. All in all, not bad. She was her show-off-i-est best, hamming it up for all that would dare glance her way. She made an adorable cat mask, and once I figure out how to get pictures off of my new phone, I'll post them asap. Unfortunately, I just figured out how to answer my new phone, so don't hold your breath on seeing the picture anytime soon.

I would go into a lenghty post about the fun times had by mothers-of-adorable-daughters-who-like-to-pull-poop-out-of-thier-diapers-and-play-with-it...but I'm just waaaay too tired from cleaning up poop. Seriously, my life seems to center around poop lately. It's a sad state of affairs. 

But I have several glorious birthdays to address, and that always puts a smile on my face. Tomorrow is Mimi and Susie's birthday, Friday is Em's, and Sunday is Kevin and Heidi's birthday. Phew! Perhaps there is come cake in my future? Mmmmm, stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! do it!

    I've just started doing more "magic loop" knitting, which has made my life a lot easier in many ways (knitting-wise) and is much easier than using four double pointed needles in my humble opinion. we'll have to have a tutorial some time! there are some adorable baby blankets for knitting, can't wait for more pics

    ReplyDelete