Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home again, home again

My beloved is home! After a rather harrowing ordeal (1.5 hours in the air and the plane had to turn around and head back to London due to electrical difficulties) Kevin is home and my family is complete once again. To say that Lila was happy to see her Daddy is a gross understatement.

And I was proud to present my darling with a newly edged lawn. Thanks to a very generous Mimi (thank you!), our lawn is on its way to being almost respectable...just in time for the snow. I have been wanting to edge the yard forever, but just never got to it and had convinced myself that it wasn't really that bad. Well, judging from the several inches of sidewalk that was unearthed, it was that bad. A heartfelt apology to my neighbors.

And Mimi also blessed our house with a new leaf blower!!!! My favorite new toy, it is just a wonder. Magical, even. All of those leaves just POOF! Into a perfect little pile just right for jumping. I think that I might be a wee bit melancholy once all of the leaves have dropped and the leaf blowing season is over. Hmmmmm...maybe a nice snow blower could fill the void??


No comments:

Post a Comment