Tuesday, November 24, 2009

If I Had to Pick Just One Letter

Last night I plopped down with a pen & paper and asked Lila if she wanted to write a letter to Santa. With a rather quizzical look on her face she replied, "Ummmm, Ok. How about 'J'?" It took Kevin and I a few moments to realize that Lila thought we were going to write Santa just one special letter. The letter "J," apparently.

I've always loved the holiday season, but it's beyond joyful with my sweet girl. We went on a walk today and passed a house with a decorative snowman...Lila shouted with absolute glee on her face, "Look, Mama! It's FROSTY!!!" Other houses with stars, lights, and decorative presents in the yard were also greeted with unbridled enthusiasm and joy. While Lila may not quite get the whole Christmas concept quite yet, I'm thrilled that she seems to effortlessly get into the spirit as much as I do. I mean, what's not to love about Christmas music 24/7???

I'm excited to do some Thanksgiving baking with my sister tomorrow. I do love baking, and don't do it nearly as much as I used to (oh, the cakes I made at Eastman!). I was just thumbing through my old holiday issues of Bon Appetit and felt such nostalgia. Especially for one very wonderful Saturday of cookie making with Alta & Amy. Hopefully our paths will cross so that we'll be able to do that again someday. In the meantime, I'm currently trying to narrow down my cookie selctions to make & hand out to neighbors, friends, and the wonderful women who work at the Westerville Community Center.

And now I'm going to cuddle with my honey, home again from Chicago. I'm going to spend the next several days soaking him up, as he'll be gone again all next week. But I won't think of that...only how thankful I am for my family & friends. I am blessed. Simple as that.


No comments:

Post a Comment