Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Clever titles elude me

So there won't be one tonight! Seriously, I've been sitting here for at least 5 minutes trying to think of something clever and I'm completely blank. Nothing. I'm sure it will come to me sometime in the wee hours of the night.

Let's start with adorable & hilarious things that come out of my child's mouth: the other day she did a very dramatic and slow fall to the ground whilst yelling, "Goodbye, cruel world!" I almost fell over, it was so funny. At first I had a tiny bit of concern. Is my daughter morbid? Death scenes? At 2? But then I realized she was quoting the Oppossum from Over the Hedge. One of my favorite characters, the oppossum is voiced by the fabulous William Shatner. He is at his melodramatic best, which is why Lila seems to be drawn to his character, I think. My little sweet one does have a soft spot for some good old fashioned drama. Which is the reason I spend much of my day smiling & laughing. Seriously, Lila is one of the funniest people I know.

The holiday weekend was long and lovely. Lots of family, lots of food, and marred only my Kevin's departure on Saturday. I should know now not to get my hopes up, but I still hope that he'll be home this weekend. I want to buy & decorate the Christmas tree, put up some more lights outside, check out the zoo lights...etc. And I don't want to do any of those things without my dearest beside me.

The biggest change: I've officially started babysitting my niece, Kendall! I wasn't terribly nervous, but I think there was some fear there because it would really have some bearing on how life would be once Eli comes home. The report: so far, so good! Lila has only had a few moments of true jealousy, but they were short-lived. I've been working overtime trying to remind Lila that she's my best girl, pumpkin, doodlebug...and thank goodness I'm strong enough to hold them both, because that was necessary several times today. Kendall is just adorable. Smiles, coos, squeaks, a minimum of crying, darn good sleeping. I can't ask for much more.

Actually, that last statement applies to my life in general. Lila's sleeping, clothes are laundered, kitchen is clean, family is close by, friends are wonderful, and there are some Ghirardelli brownies in the kitchen. Kevin's absence is what is keeping this night from being absolute perfection. Looks like I'll probably have to have a second brownie to cope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment