Sunday, December 13, 2009

Little full...lotta sap.

We have our Christmas tree!! We had a great time tree shopping yesterday with Papa and Uncle John (who came out despite having had shoulder surgery just days before). Some pics of the tree-choosing process:


A pinecone! What could be more exciting!




Lila and her Papa.

And now to the decorating. We started first thing this morning. It was lovely. I put on the Christmas music and we began to decorate in our jammies.



As you can see, Lila was much more interested in playing with the ornaments...not so much into the hanging on the tree.


Hee hee. I like this picture because it reminds me of The Wizard of Oz. A Christmas tree has clearly fallen from above onto my beloved.



The finished product! It is a bit on the large side, but at least when the netting was cut branches didn't shoot out the windows. No rabid squirrels, either. Which means I'll never get to say, "I'm going to catch it with the pillow case...and smack it with the hammer." Darnit. Maybe next year.

I was also uncharacteristically crafty today, altering Lila's stocking. We bought it at Pottery Barn last year, even went and had her name embroidered on it. It wasn't until later that we realized the stocking featured a very blonde, very white little girl. No longer! Behold...



I still have a bit of tweaking to do. Kevin and I both agree that somehow her eyes make her look angry and slightly evil. Not so good for a Christmas stocking, no?

Still so much to do, but I'm THIRLLED that I have my girls' night out on Tuesday to keep me chugging along. To say that I can't wait is a massive understatement. I spent Saturday night with some of the girls wrapping presents for Ethiopian Orphan Relief. Such great fun, and we made some moolah for EOR to boot! I'll be getting the ingrediants for hummus & tabouleh tomorrow. Yum!

The first two weeks with Kendall went by like a flash. She really is adorable in every way and Lila is taking the competition better than I had expected. And if I can take care of two kiddos and not loose my mind with Kevin out of town, imagine how great it will be when he's here! Piece of cake!

And lastly, my favorite Kevin quote from our outdoor light decorating adventure:

"You need the proper distribution of sparkle." Yep, he was serious.


3 comments:

  1. I knew the movie reference the second I saw your post title! Damon and I watch that movie each year around this time! I am very impressed with the stocking! Saturday was fun - see you Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stocking is lovely! And I can picture Kevin distributing the sparkle. I'm confident that it was both even AND perfectly level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stocking alteration! That is tres impressive!

    ReplyDelete