Thursday, December 17, 2009

You know you've slacked on the housekeeping when...

Your daughter is lying on the bathroom floor playing, and ends up with giant dust bunnies in her hair. Yikes.

Don't judge me! The "public" areas of my house are quite clean, I swear. But my own bathroom (where said dust bunnies were growing & multiplying) has been sorely neglected.

Lila's been having a hard time with baby Kendall this week. I think the sense of competition has really hit her. The past couple of days she's cried, "No Mommy! You no hold baby Kendall!" when Kendall is dropped off in the morning. Sigh. It's a hard balance, for sure. How do I explain to my toddler that I love her to pieces? That she's my one and only? That I love baby Kendall because she's my niece (and darn cute), but my love for her (Lila) is infintely more profound? I still haven't figured out quite how to get this across in toddler-ease. Until then it's lots of extra hugs & kisses, repeating that she's my absolute "best girl."

Right now she's putting her playdough away all by herself. How cute!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment