Monday, December 28, 2009

Blast from the Fairly Recent Past


Over the holiday weekend I discovered that many of our home videos were on our computer, ready for viewing!! I know, this may not seem like groundbreaking news to you. Perhaps you may be thinking, "Well, where else would the videos be?" Nevertheless, there they were! So, I spent quite a long time watching videos from Lila's first few months home. My thoughts...

1. I can't believe how TINY she was!
2. Despite the fact that I was in full freak-out mode, I actually appear normal on camera!
3. I miss our Chicago apartment.
4. I wish that I had spent less time freaking out and worrying, and more time enjoying my amazing baby. I won't make that mistake again, I promise you that.

And here are a few things that I want to write down now so I never forget:

1. Lila had this adorable "machine gun" style laugh when she was an infant. It was hilarious!
2. She loved her first bath: the combination of getting naked and warm water led to non-stop smiles & giggles. This has not changed.
3. She used to do this funny elbow move when dancing. Very "Elaine" from Seinfeld, but cuter.
4. When she first started pulling herself up to standing, she would make these massive grunting noises. Such effort!
5. There was this one hanging toy on her exersaucer that she LOVED. She yank on it constantly and squeal with delight each time the music started. Each and every time.
6. I was blessed and lucky enough to be there the first time she crawled, walked, said "Mama" & "Dada", raised her hands in response to the question, "How big is Lila?", clapped, said her first animal noises, danced, jumped...etc.

Now I just need to figure out how to attach videos. But here is a teaser: a picture of Lila from our first months home:



More later on my fantastic, wonderful, relaxing trip to Target. All by myself!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute photo! She was tiny!! I am eager to see the photos! Did you get the foam roller at Target? I just got mine today and am ready for the pain!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. after three weeks the pain is completely managed and I don't feel 85 when I get out of a chair--definitely worth it!

    i've learned some other it band exercises . maybe we'll have it band support night and I'll show them to you both!

    ReplyDelete