Sunday, December 20, 2009

Up on the rooftop, click click click!

We're definitley in the Christmas home stretch. I have only one more present to purchase (and only a gift card, so does that really count?), which is not too shabby! But enough about the holidays, I have Lila anecdotes!

On Thursday Lila managed to lock me out of the house. At night. In the freeeeezing cold. Totally an accident, nothing malicious, I assure you. I was taking Molly outside and when I tried the door Lila looked at me through the glass with absolute PANIC. She was beside herself: crying, hyperventilating, begging me to come inside, telling me she wanted me to hold her...etc. It was one of those situations where I simply had to remain calm. I couldn't scream, swear, hit something (all things I wanted to do sooooooo badly) because if I did, all hopes of getting Lila to unlock the door would be dashed. So, after 10 minutes of talking to my hysterical child in the most soothing voice I could muster, she finally unlocked the door. The best part? She then launched herself into my arms and cried, "Oh Mommy, I love you so much!" She repeated that phrase about 50 times in the next 10 minutes. It was worth every shiver. And hey, it's a great story, right?

THEN, we woke up to snow on Friday! Sure, she experienced snow last year, but the excitement was completely lost on her. And she was barely mobile in her snowsuit...more like a beetle...she would fall over and be completely unable to flip herself over. This year she ran about in her adorable pink boots (with faux fir trim...thank you, Target)in absolute bliss. She was thrilled for snow. Ecstatic. And we made snowmen!!!! Two of them. They both have carrots for noses and coal for eyes and sticks for arms. And I love them. I wish I could put them in the freezer and keep them forever...Lila's first snowmen. Pictures soon, I promise.

Other things I love: the way Lila sings the "Mr. Grinch" song, her reaction everytime we see this yard that has a blow-up Santa, how she is equally excited each day we open the advent calendar, how she loves it when I sing Christmas carols to her, and her new holiday dress! It's silver and cream and lovely. I can't wait. And my joy just overflows infinitely when I realize that this time next year I'll be able to enjoy this holiday with our son.

1 comment:

  1. You are making me teary this morning. I love the idea of saving the snowmen!! Precious.

    ReplyDelete