Thursday, December 31, 2009

'Cause Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night

Well, maybe not quite the end to 2009 that I had thought. I'm currently enjoying some Amstel Light with my brother while watching the Virginia Tech/Tennessee Game and Kevin is upstairs snoring quite loudly (yep, it's not even 10:00pm yet). When did I get to the point where I would have to force myself to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve?

I'm generally not one to reflect much during this time of year, but it has been quite the year for us. Mostly, I'm thankful for the wonderful friends I've made. Making friends has never been easy for me. Unlike most of my musician friends, I'm the shy type...which is (sadly) often mistaken for being aloof. Yet another obstacle in my friend-making path! But, the upside is that when I do make friends (albeit slowly), I know they are the best kind...and I know I will most likely have them in my life for a long, long time. This, I hope, is the case with The Tribe. They are more wonderful than I could have ever hoped: a group of friends with whom I could (candidly) talk about motherhood, adoption, traveling husbands, post-adoption depression...etc. My New Year's Resolution? To get to meet the newest additions to E, A, M, A, and J's families! And to be the best friend I can be to these wonderful mommies & mommies-to-be.

And some rather shallow news? I actually danced with happiness when I received my Blended Cutie hair products in the mail yesterday. I'm pretty sure Lila had no idea what was going on, but the excitement was (apparently) infectious. Lila was jumping up and down with me and at one point exclaimed, "Oh! Thank you, Mommy!" I will wait until after I've used it a couple of time to give my full review, but so far, so good! I put the Curly Cake Shake and Jelly Cream in her hair this morning and for the first time, her curls held up ALL DAY. Even after her nap. More to come!

Happy New Year!!!


1 comment:

  1. I posted almost the exact same thing on my blog. It really should be a good new year with 5 or more kiddos joining the group.

    ReplyDelete