Saturday, November 7, 2009

You're Killing Me, Smalls.

So, the title of this post has little to do with anything, really. It's something that my brother says a lot (quoted from a movie, "The Sandlot") and I've recently gotten Lila to say it...encouraged by my hysterical laughter. I don't know why it's so funny. But it really is. Hilarious.

We attended Astrid Meklit's 3rd birthday party this afternoon (no pictures as I forgot my camera AGAIN). It was fabulous in every possible way: great friends, kiddos running around and laughing with delight, and amazing food (provided by Tiru from Abyssinia). I don't know what it is about Ethiopian food. I can just keep eating and eating and eating. It's not until several hours later, when the injera has fully expanded in my stomach, that I start having regrets about shamelessly stuffing my face. But more importantly...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASTRID MEKLIT!! She is an amazing, beautiful, articulate, charming little girl and I'm thrilled to know her.

Lila is still pining for her Alex the Lion costume. I have semi-hidden it in her closet. She's not demanded to wear it yet, but our days are still filled with much roaring. I never thought that, as a mom of a little girl, I would spend much of my time talking about lions, bears, dinosaurs & dragons. Lila's new favorite thing is to stomp around buck naked yelling, "I'm a BIG T-Rex!!"

Final thoughts: Go Bucks!

Also, I know there aren't many out there that actually read this blog, but for those that do, please send out some good vibes to my friend Amy. She and her husband have now been waiting for a referral from Ethiopia for 14 months. Recent news regarding embassy dates has not been good, meaning their wait may be longer, even after a referral and successful court date. There is just not much I can say to ease her stress, but I'm hoping that maybe a few more people out there saying prayers and/or sending positive vibes her way might make some difference.

1 comment:

  1. Again, so happy to have finally 'found' your blog, and so happy you are close by.

    ReplyDelete