Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm awfully fond of you

I'm relaxing on the couch (thank you to my beloved for taking bedtime tonight) listening to the "squeak squeak" of the rubber duckie through the baby monitor. Lila does love that Eric Carle story so very much.

Although my tummy seems to be punishing me for my gluttonous ways, I am still a happy camper. Sundays are usually hard for me, often preparing for Kevin to travel. But yesterday was so lovely: as melancholy would descend, I would suddenly remember that he doesn't leave yet! Not until Wednesday! This happened several times yesterday...each time was like a little mini-birthday present. I love it when you repeatedly forget something wonderful. Then you get to repeatedly remember it!

Another major accomplishment: our piano is home. Although it needs to be tuned and mildly repaired, we are one happy family to have that front room complete. Some pictures were hung as well...could this be home? Really starting to feel like it.

Off to sneak one more corn bread muffin and watch some Monday Night Football.

1 comment: