Monday, September 21, 2009

EnkuTaTash 2002

Below is a picture of my family from the local EnkuTaTash celebration this past weekend. A wonderful time was had by all despite possible hearing loss. Seriously, the music was insanely loud. A cultural thing? Hard to say, but it was near painful and I was constantly fighting the urge to check Lila's ears for bleeding. As we left my Dad observed, "Well, there are going to be a lot of deaf Ethiopians in Columbus." Deafness aside, the people (as always) were gracious and welcoming to all of the adoptive families that attended, the food was AMAZING, and my parents & brother were able to get a taste of Lila's culture.



Sunday started with the EAS 10K. Quite the challenge. Not the running part, but doing in the doing it by myself part. I'd always found comfort in doing these things with others - someone to help me figure out where to go, what to do...etc. But I did it. K dropped me off and I was on my own. And it wasn't nearly as awkward as I feared it would be. So, I'm now trying not to chicken out on the half-marathon in October. I really want to do this, and I imagine it's physically possible, I just need to, well, not chicken out.

Crap! I'm missing the premiere of House! Wow, that is seriously pathetic when typed. I don't care...blame the in-laws, they got me totally hooked on this show.

Oh! But best thing about the 10K - when I was approaching the final stretch there were my mom, K & Lila, cheering me on. As I passed by, my mom put Lila down and she started running after me yelling, "Go, Mommy!" Does life get better than that? Don't think so. Moments like that I need to remember. I am blessed beyond belief.

Now. House!

No comments:

Post a Comment