Monday, September 28, 2009

I wanna go back to O-HI-O

I've felt more blessed than usual in the past few weeks. Much of that warm & fuzzy comes from feeling secure in the knowledge that we made the right decision in moving back to C-bus. Chicago was a great place and I will certainly miss living in an honest-to-goodness city, but K, Lila & I are now surrounded by family. I LOVE that. I love that Lila sees her aunts & uncles, Grandmas & Grandpas, and cousins on a regular basis. Having lived away from family for the past 8 years, I appreciate being near them so much more.

On to current affairs! Some pics of the past few days:



My darling girl in her Ethiopian garb (at the EnkuTaTash celebration). This is the dress we received when we signed the final paperwork at Le Toukoul orphanage.




Ethiopian kids singing!




Me crossing the finish line at the 10K. Now on to the half-marathon. I told myself that if I could run 10 miles then I would definitely sign up for the half-marathon. Well, yesterday I ran 10 miles. Damn, I guess I have to do this! My left hip and knee politely object, but I think that my stubborn nature will get me through. That, and I've become a wee bit addicted to seeing my husband and daughter at the finish line. Feeds the ego, no doubt, to see your family cheering you on. There aren't many opportunities for your average stay-at-home mom to feel like a rockstar (I mean, I rarely get applause when, say, I manage to clean up Lila's poop off of the floor before the dog eats it), so I will grab every little moment I can!

My little one is full of sentences and sass (in the best possible sense). She is also fond of turning almost anything into a hat. Lately some tupperware has been magically transformed into a chef's hat! Her dancing never ceases to make me smile & laugh, and thankfully Lila LOVES to dance. I hope she holds onto that as she grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment