Sunday, September 13, 2009

We've got spirit, yes we do...

Yep, I've become one of those moms.
I never thought I would, but when the moment presented itself to dress my daughter and poochie up for OSU's season opener, I was heady with excitement. Lila was all for it. Molly the dog, not so much. It's hard to make an animal who doesn't mind eating cat poop look humiliated & degraded, but I managed to do it. It doesn't help that the dog jersey is a wee bit snug - sausage casing-esque, really.
K came home on Sunday just in time to see Lila before bedtime. It was madness - Lila was so overwhelmed with happiness that bedtime did NOT go well, but it was definitely worth seeing her little face light up at the sight of her daddy.
The most exciting part of the week was Friday night: K and I actually went out! Like grown-ups! Dinner at a lovely little Mexican restaurant and then off to the North Market for the Microbrewery Festival. And, of course, I managed to sneek in some ice cream from Jeni's. I'd heard about this ice cream from several friends and I must say, it definitely lived up to the hype. I had a three scoop serving: goat cheese with cherries, lemon with blueberries, and strawberry buttermilk. Heaven.
The excitement is building for Enkutatash, the Ethiopian New Year. We had a fabulous family dinner night with lots of friends at Abyssinia. Lila actually ate some of the offered food, so that was a miracle in and of itself. And this coming Saturday is the official Enkutatash Festival: dancing, food, coffee ceremony, raffle...general merriment. Can't wait.
The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this week (is there anything better than a crisp, Fall day?), so I have lots I hope to do with my little girl. Zoo, playgrounds, bike rides (thanks to K for fixing my tire), storytimes at the library, yoga class for me & Jumpin' Jelly Beans for Lila...and somewhere in there, I have to really start training in earnest for a half marathon. No problem, right?
And finally, our dossier is on its way to Ethiopia. Let the great wait begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment