Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day

Ok, this may sound judgemental, but when did St. Patrick's Day become like Halloween: an excuse for women to dress like prostitutes?

I ran the St. Patrick's Day 5K this morning. Great fun, the first race of the season...the weather was horrific, but I was so very happy to run the race in under 27 minutes (26:45, to be exact).

The race was hosted by a local Dublin bar. Now, I know that I should have prepared myself for the crowds that would flock to a race hosted by a bar, but still! I was amazed by the number of seemingly grown women who were barely dressed, all in the name of St. Patrick's Day. And let's take a guess at how many of them were actually Irish?

Happy St. Patrick's Day, from a woman who managed to celebrate without wearing shorts that required a trip to the local waxing salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment