Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ooohh-weee, what's up with that?

If you've watched SNL at all lately, you'll be hearing the title of this post in your head...truly a hilarious skit, but I would pay cash money to get this out of my head! What doesn't help? Kevin has been singing it so much that Lila now has it memorized. Although, I guess I should be happy that she's not singing the "Humpty Dance" lyrics. Where is that Mother-of-the-Year award anyway?

Despite the heartbreaking loss of my Buckeyes, we've had a lovely weekend. Mimi rolled into town on Friday to help me get Elijah's room in order. To say that Lila was excited to see her Mimi is a massive understatement. There were several times where I feared she may just stroke out from the excitement.

Elijah's room is now a lovely shade of green - a lovely compliment to his bedding. Sadly, I have to send back the quilt for a new one. The lion only has one eye! The stitching is plain old missing and it's just weird. But let's be honest, the quilt is truly the least useful part of a baby bedding set anyway. So, our decorating plans can move forward! Here is what I have in mind:


Kind of a crappy pic, but you get the idea. They are lovely wall decals from Wee Gallery (totally stolen from my friend Alta's nursery! It's not my fault you have such good taste!).

I've also become obsessed with finding some wall art and am completely overwhelmed (in a good way) with Etsy. Here are some of my faves:



Cute, right? The shop is called Art and Philanthropy...check them out here.

Also, I love the idea of spelling Elijah's name with letter wall cards, but didn't like the thought of buying the whole alphabet only to have an incomplete set for playing. Neurotic, I know. But fear not! Check out these adorble 5x7 wall cards you can purchase individually:




I think that Elijah's name would look adorable matted & framed. Also from Etsy, the shop is called JennSki's shop. Check this cute stuff out here.

Lordy, I'm overwhelmed with all of this cuteness! Not to mention that I'm in gardening & landscaping heaven...if only my budget would allow me to do all that I so desperately want to do. For this season, I'll have to settle for planting a gorgeous weeping cherry tree in our front garden bed, and boxwood shrubs to replace the horrible, prickly, icky Barberry that lines our front walkway. The tree will be delivered next weekend. Can't wait!

Off to watch some more basketball. Go West Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment