Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Root, root, root for the Cubbies!

Once you slack off on the blogging it's oh-so hard to get back into the swing of things! With so much going on, how do I condense it into a post? I know there is some way to write and then hold onto posts, but I know myself...it ain't gonna happen.

First with the big news: we are buying our house! I am so happy that this has finally come to pass, and a whole year or so earlier than we had thought possible (thank you, first-time home buyers tax credit!). I love my house, love my neighborhood, love Westerville, love the community center...after doing some house hunting I am thrilled that we can stay put. Now I am filled and overcome with all sorts of ideas for decorating and rennovating. I wish I could kidnap some of my crafty friends and force them to work their magic on my house (watch out Alta & Paige, I'm coming for you). First up, though, the not so glamorous task of replacing the HVAC system.

Kevin and I spent our first weekend away from Lila...all in all it went fairly well. I missed her like crazy, but it was so wonderful to be able to reconnect with old friends. And just as I was starting to get really nostalgic about living in Chicago, we hit a MAJOR traffic jam on I-90/94 on the way to the airport. Seriously, there are not many places where you will find a massive traffic jam on a Sunday afternoon.

Still no word on a court date. I just read that another family had their date postponed from today until the 23rd. Arrggh. Doesn't bode well, but it is what it is. Yet another thing over which I have absolutely no control. In the meantime, I'm excited to decorate Elijah's room with my mom in a few weeks.

We'll end with pictures:

She now loves chatting on the phone. I don't know if you can see it, but there is a MASSIVE mess behind her. Oy.

Love these series of photos. Thank goodness for digital cameras, because I would say 97% of the time I take the most horrific pictures...but last week I grabbed the camera and just snapped away while Lila and I were playing. I'm not even that bothered by the fact that I CLEARLY did not wash my hair that day. Ah, well.


And we end with my niece. Isn't she adorable?? She has now started belly laughing, it's the most wonderful sound. Of course, these chuckles are almost always because of Lila. The other day Kendall laughed and laughed while Lila shook a container of Easy-Mac. Lila works with what's available like all the great performers.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful girls! Hoping for a speedy court date for you.

    ReplyDelete